Thursday, November 6, 2008

DONE!

I've made it through training! Today is the day of our swearing in ceremony. We've spent the last week in a final birth-like push towards today. Everything that I've written about up until now has been in preparation for this moment. The language training and practice teaching has all been so that I could be prepared for my actual service. I'll be moving out of the hotel tomorrow and into my new host family. My nearest PCVs will all be 20 minutes away. I have my first day of real PC work on Monday. I already feel like I've done so much work in the last 12 weeks that its crazy to think that my real 2 years of work don't even start until today. I'm feeling a strange mix of excitement and apprehension. Its similar to the feelings at a high school graduation (again high school emotions). I know I'm ready for the future, scared of what that means, but ready for something new. Time to get dressed so I can give my speech in front of the ambassador!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Congrats on becoming a real PCV and not just a lowly PCT!

Miss you all terribly. Will be keeping tabs on all of you...

Hillary

Jessica said...

Congratulations Justin!! I'm sure you will have a great host family and learn a lot :) I miss you but know that you are having a wonderful time and improving the world!!

Catherine Trottman said...

YAY FOR SWEARING IN!! You finished training HELL! Haha. I only have two weeks left, I'm thrilled. I love reading your blog, even though I'm sure our Peace Corps experiences are very different, we also have a lot in common.

I can relate to some of your stomach issues. And I fully understand the joy of a flush toilet with toilet paper. You're so lucky!!