Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Creepy Crawlies

I don't know if its because its starting to heat up, we're not competent cleaners, or that our ceiling doesn't always touch the walls but our house is being invaded by bugs. The bugs are very smart though, they've come in innocuous waves until now where the problem has elevated to an unbearable level.

The attack began with a small stream of ants. I didn't really mind the ants at first because they clean the food off the floor and eat cockroaches after you squish them. Then the ants went from stream to class V rapids. The garbage can and counter top were their stomping ground. It was only until now that we've gotten smart and put our garbage can in a bucket of water so they can't get to it.

We also have cockroaches about the size of the palm of your hand. They've rare, but gross. They also splatter all over the place and leave a mess. I'm in charge of the ants, Marlo get the roaches.

The ones I hate the most are the spiders. They're really large and scary and hide in dark places (like under the chair you're sitting in...). They're not at all dangerous, but still I don't want them in the house. They supposedly are good to keep because they hunt other bugs, but I don't think pro outweighs their complete lack of aesthetic appeal.

As if it wasn't enough, last night we had a mouse! Before, I was all about sending them outside and letting bygones be bygones. But I'm over that now. Cleaning alone will no longer do. This weekend its time for big shoes and chemicals.

No comments: